close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Battelle Darby Creek Wildlife Area Volunteer Sportsmen. HELP!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, May 25, 2008.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Last night I talked to some rangers and they told me about this new program they are putting together. They gave me a flier and i said i would post it on here. I will not be able to make it, i have baseball practice for the legion team, its the first one i cant miss it. Hope one of you could fill me in. They told me some ideas they have, like putting pine trees in the lakes and improving hunting by creating a better habitat. They need all the help they can get and they were stoked to hear i would do this. Make some time and give them a hand, at least go the meeting.

The flier states:

BATTLE DARBY CREEK WILDLIFE AREA VOLUNTEER SPORTSMEN

WE NEED YOUR HELP, LABOR, AND IDEAS TO IMPROVE THE PUBLIC HUNTING AREA BY IMPROVING WILDLIFE HABITAT, AND DETERRING VANDALISM AND ILLEGAL DUMPING!

KICKOFF MEETING WILL BE MAY 30TH
    SHAGBARK RESERVABLE AREA
    6:00 P.M.
    CEDAR RIDGE
    1775 DARBY CREEK DRIVE

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Thanks Bubba for posting the information. For anyone that has a little time to donate this would be a great way to give a little back.

3. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

There are more things like this developing all over. Our river group works with the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department to maintain the parks. It's neat to be able to change these public places for the better. And for the park administrators, it's free labor, which is good because you know their budgets are tight.