Basstrix Paddletail Tube swimbaits

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Buckeye1955, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Buckeye1955

Buckeye1955 Marietta River Runner

These received a big write-up in Bass Master magazine. Anybody know where someone has some of the 2 1/2 inch ones? Every site mentioned in the article is not taking orders. Sure love to try some shad or hitch colored ones.

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Did a quick search and damn near everyone is sold out..A pack of 6 (?) 2.5" (Shad) just went for $40.00 (yes Fourty) dollars on ebay (when all is said and done they cost about $1.00 a pack to produce). I swear, nothing gets me rolling like LMB guys trying to get there hands on the "mircle lure of the month" :D :D (pictures a guy with a $25,000 Bass Boat, 15 different rod/reel combos and 17 tackle boxes franticly scouring the internet for the new "miracle lure"). These lures are pretty sexy looking, but come on, $40.00!!???

3. Buckeye1955

Actually the boat was only $23,000 and I only have 7 rods..... But I'd sure like to give these things a try! Looking on some of the other forums such as Bass Resource, the consensus is these really are better then all the copy cats that are out there.

4. I know that the real thing is better then copy cats in some baits . I think i will have to get my hands on some of theses as well

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

LOL...Looks like I hit the nail on the head! In all honesty I wasn't trying to imply that you were one of those guys, or rip on you for that matter (although I'm sure I came off that way). Heck I got like 4 St.Croix & Shimano/Okuma combo's and a neat little retractable accessory thingy on my belt, so I too sort of fall into that category. Only differance is I literally have 4 lures that I use 95% of the time. I do have about 4 or 5 other T.boxes full of assorted cranks, but I rarely ever touch them. The only baits I use (or buy) are tubes, my handpoured twisters, a "secret" shalow crank and a prop bait. If im in slow moving shallow water I fish the prop, fast moving shallow water? the tube, deeper water? a heavier tube or a twister (hardly ever throw the crank). If I didn't constantly produce fish with this method I would possibly think about expanding my aresenol, but my selection(s) never seem to fail me! I might add that Vibee's will likely find there way into my box in the near future as they seem to be unbeatable for a multitude of species.

6. Buckeye1955

I did get an e-mail from Backwater Baits saying they are taking orders. BUT - they haven't received an order since March! I'm about the same as you. I keep a favorite crank bait, a spinner, a white rooster tail and sometimes a Berkley minnow on a lead headed jig rigged up. I like the St. Croix rods too, although I picked up a Diawa at the Columbus show this winter and it is a close second. Has the ergonomic shaped handle and sure feels good!

7. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Found out about these baits this past Spring............haven't been able to get my hands on any yet :( WB