Bassmaster Classic - Charlie Hartley

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by j-fox.4, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Charlie Hartley is LEADING the classic with 22.1 lbs. Van Dam is third.

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

My momma always said that if you dont have anything nice to say , keep your mouth shut ! So , I guess that is what I need to do . LOL

NAAAA , come on Van Dam !

4. he looks like he is going to have a good finish....hope he stays on them today!

5. pulling a bass over a dock - while the home owner drinks his coffee-- very cool!! Charlie is being very aggresive and going all out for this win!

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Be nice to see Charlie get the win. Im pulling for him, but KVD is just to close, would not be surprised to see him win it.

7. Charlie deff out fished them as far as angling goes. Looked like he had the most fun. Brought back ALOT of old memories for me. Growing up pit fishing from shore for 20yrs has its limitations.:D :B

8. The Bass Blog on ESPN has Charlie dropping out of the top 10 (currently).

9. Alton Jones takes it!

Hartley dropped to 15 :(

10. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

DC lived up to his name. Disappearing Charlie

11. I was really pulling for Charlie. I would take 15th in the Bassmaster's any day.

12. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I was too, it was dissapointing for Ohio anglers. He is a really likeable guy. His wife is who calls him DC. I'm sure he will get some new sponsers just from leading a day.

13. Aww, well I'm sure he had a great time. He definitely had a good tournament besides the last day, only boating two fish.

Looks like Alton Jones had a solid area, he's also a great angler (they all are :) )

14. fishingredhawk

Charlie did awesome. His fish just dried up today. It's hard to milk such a small area for three days, he certainly made the most of it.

15. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

My hat is off for Charlie. What a feat just to make the classic let alone lead it day one and second on day 2. He did something millions of fisherman will never get to do. Way to go Charlie. I'm proud to say your from my home town. What a class act he is.

16. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Good Classic, Just wish Charlie would have won. Granted he did not, but he has nothing to hang his head about.

17. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

How'd Jeff Coble do? Did he even fish the Classic?;) :p
    Congrats to Alton Jones, 5 bites was all it took on day 3!

18. fishingredhawk

Coble finished 41st, 17lbs over two days