close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bassin in the Rain

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Jun 6, 2007.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I took NickRummy last night to a small lake near my home last night for some bassin action. Rain was more of a mist than anything.

Started off with the LEGENDARY LEEABU Buzzbaits. I got nothing on them. I switched to the Watermelon Lizards Texas Rigged. Got a few on those. Then I switched to some small Senko's Texas Rigged. I smacked a few more bass. Then switched to a tiny Rebel Craw and smacked a few more. I then switched to a LEGENDARY LEEABU Spinner bait. Red w/ White skirt and red hook. I got nothing on the spinner. It was getting dark and I could see Bass beginning to get a bit more frisky on the surface. So I switched back to the leeabu buzzbait. Took a few casts and nailed another bass from the top water.

I hooked Nick up with a Leeabu Buzzbait. He got no takers. I then hooked him up with some Senko's. No fish either. I then hooked him up with a Rebel Craw, no fish. I then switched him up with a 3" Cream colored Trout worm Texas Rigged. He finally got a small bass hooked up. The bass flipped off right at the shore. I will count it as a catch...haha....

It was good to get out and do some fishing.

KSUFLASH=8 Bass
    NICKRUMMY=1 Bass

Like I said before, practice practice practice....you will get it Nick.

flash------------------------------------out

2. Ehhh I was just taking it easy on ya. You thought I was fishing when as soon as I was out of your site I just sat down and took a nap. Didn't want to use your lures and catch more fish than you :D

All kidding aside, great meeting you and appreciate all the helpful information you shared. I might not have landed any fish on shore but I still had a great time! Now I have an idea of a few things I'd like to pick up and see what I can catch.

I couldn't believe how cold it got! I'm heading out tonight to pick up a few worms and hooks and I'm bringing my rod to work tomorrow to fish the pond near here.

Thanks again!

3. Glad to hear you two had fun. Nick, I am glad to hear you got some fishing tutoring. KSU seems to know how to do it (as is evidenced by the "score"). Congrats to both of you.

Huntinbull