close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bassin' @ Hoover 6-28

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lucky Bass, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Hey All,
    I made it out to Hoover for only my second time ever on Monday around 11:00am. I went with intention to bowfish but ended up bass fishing. I launched out off of big walnut and started off casting a 3/8oz. spinnerbait on the north end and caught a 10inch largemouth. I saw some carp us shallow and pursued them until 1:00pm (which I got two around 5lb). I went back to bass fishing. I had a nice 2.5lb fish and immediately after watched a 2 pounder take a spinnerbait. Needless to say I decided to bass fish the rest of the day. I could see a small rainstorm moving in but decided to keep on fishing. In between 1:00pm and 3:30pm I proceeded to boat between 15-20 largemouth with 3 being between 2-2.5lb and a 2.5lb smallie, with the rest being between 10-14in. I also had a bonus 13in. white crappie and 2.5lb channel cat on the spinnerbait too. A few hours afer the front passed through the action slowed. I am positive that the front along with the high winds helped to position the fish and put them on the feed bag. Believe it or not I made 5 casts to one wind blown point and pulled 5 fish. It was an unbelievable day.

Norm

2. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

You gotta love a day like that! Now where did I put those spinnerbaits?!? :confused: