Basses!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by I_WALL_I, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Went out with a friend from work on Sat., he wanted to try his luck for largemouth. Hit a small stripmine pit first, 2nd cast caught a small(12") bass on a small soft twitch bait on a drop shot rig. Then 30 minutes and nothing. Moved to a larger pond(the adventure was getting up to it in a 2 wheel drive truck- thru slush/snow and large holes and a small creek) The second pond was still half covered in ice and had large snow drifts on the shade side. Worked th open water with small finesse baits fished slow- nothing... Went to a black mepps spinner and fished a little faster- BLAM!- 2 lb.er! Ended up catching 10 at that lake, 2 to 4.5 lb. What a great day! FIND OPEN WATER AND TEAR THEM UP!!! (all were released) The area was north of I70 and south of S.R. 16...:B

2. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Awesome post! That's why I like this forum so well. If I were you. I wouldn't change a thing. If more people trusted thier instinct on the water, they too would catch fish like you.
    Again, good post...

3. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Thanks, JIG, hit the same 2 ponds in the rain today, caught 1 in the larger pond that produced so well the other day, went back to the smaller pond and got 7! These were smaller fish(10-12") but they were up in close to shore in 3' of water... CRAP!!! is it raining hard!!!!:mad:

4. holy cow! catching on a heavy rain that we've been having? That's awesome!