close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bass

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassman1976, Aug 30, 2007.

1. anyone been catching any bass

2. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

just smallies in lmr. and largemouth in farm ponds

3. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

YES

got about a dozen last weekend at a pond. got most of them on a crank and a few on a sinko

4. it will get better in a few weeks when thewater starts cooling

5. iteech

iteech Shebasser

Went to my favorite private pond last evening 6pm-8pm, and caught 7 nice bass, most 2 lbs or so but two were bigger, one was probably 3 1/2-4 lbs. Two times something bigger broke my line. I can't cast a lot (arthritis in my shoulders) so I just put raw (very salty) chicken on the bottom...kill's 'em. Of course cats bite it too but I do mostly get bass. Got something so big last night--fought it for a minute or two, then it got off--that it bent a big hook almost straight out. I assume that was a big cat, if it was a bass, I would not have survived seeing it. :D Been fishing another couple places lately too--within the last two weeks--and did pretty well getting bass with the chicken. Sometimes I also put a little live gill under a bobber, that's effective too. They are still biting even though it is hot weather and warm water...funny but they are...

6. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

I was on the lake yesterday when the sun came up. The bite was on! Between my partner and I, we caught at least 30 bass. I had three bass between 4 and 5 lbs.:B Best day I've had this year for big fish.:eek:
    The water temps have already peaked for the year, temps were back down in the 70's. Most fish were caught on trick worms and spinnerbaits, in less than 10 FOW. Good luck out there.

7. I caught some decent smallies today on the ef lmr, they gave some good jumps too. It was hard to find a spot that wasn't already being fished. When I got away from the other people, I started catching fish.

8. LKT07

LKT07

yea where we fish we get some nice small mouth nothing to big but they put up some fight