close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Trackers ??

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by shake n bake, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I bought a 1997 deepV 14' bass tracker super guide last fall. Had it at East Res. in the ski zone around the island fishing. Had my girlfriend and her3 yr old grdaughter with me, so I wasnt flying. Going about 1/2-3/4 throttle when another boat made a wake in front of us. It slammed down hard but we never noticed the hull when loading. Next time out we saw the right front underneath was crushed in and had a small tear in the alum............. Long story short-- The ins. co just totalled it out. I only got to use the boat bout 10x. Loved that boat up til then. Ins co. says it happens, but rarely..Figures it happens to me. Bummed me out... Is this a problem with trackers or alum. boats in general?? Don't know what to get for replacement,now. Alum or fiberglass?
    Shake n bake.........

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I got the same boat for sale, but mine is a 2000 year if your interested.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

My aluminum boat has been taking a beating on Lake Erie for the past 3 years, never had a problem with anything tearing the hull. At least you had insurance!

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i never heard anything like that, my lowe takes a beating on erie. i would think you hit something in the water as in a sharp,or pointed log.

5. Like to 2 posts above. I too have banged a Alum. on erie for 2 years. Not many problems like that. Pro's and cons on both alum./glass. I prefer glass for the abuse it takes in the bigger waves. Sometimes I wish I had Alum. to get in that extra shallow water. I think u just got a lemon or like Knot said, Hit something to do the damage. and this experience would not steer me from getting another Alum.... Good Luck

6. I have owned 3 Basstrackers (all were Pro series) and only problem I have had is a couple rivets getting loose and createing small leaks. Have also talked to several Basstracker owners and have never heard of a problem like you had. I would think with a tear in the bottom that you would have taken enough water to have noticed it almost immedently.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

after giving it more thaught ,i bet it was hit with some road debris from a semi..you said you did not check it after the big wake and you check it the next time out.road hazard no doubt.