Bass tracker tx 18 question

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BowKat04, Sep 19, 2007.

1. I'm getting ready to buy a 1994 basstracker tx 18 boat. The thing is spotless except for on the bottom of the boat it has a yellow kind of tint to it from the water. Is there a product out there you can use to remove this or? Also, has anyone ever replaced their decals on their boats before? Is it hard? expensive?

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

The tint on the hull is from fishing in stained/dirty waters. You can use an aluminum cleaner/brightener which may help - though some elbow grease may be necessary too. My 1984 Basstracker TX suffered from the same thing. I cleaned it several times, but the stain always came back - I figured you never see it when it's in the water. :rolleyes:

Decals aren't too hard to remove, try a heat gun first and if that doesn't work I can vouch for aircraft stripper. *It's really nasty stuff - wear gloves and don't get it on anything you're attached to. :D

As far as getting exact factory replacement decals, you may have a tough time finding them considering the age of the boat. If that fails, any talented sign/graphics shop should be able to design a similar decal, or make one totally custom from your ideas and color scheme. Cost would be a few hundred bucks either way. (I can help you with custom decals.)