close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Tourney Rules

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Riverman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Riverman

Riverman Banned

I was wondering if bobbers are allowed in tournements. I also wonder if any Bass Pros would consider giving up that direct feel of a fish hit that you don't get when using a bobber. I would think having the ability to get their lure or bait in a better location or make a better presetation would be more important to the PROS. After all getting them to hit is more important then feeling it.

Bass Pros willing to try a BulletBobber in a tournament wanted.

2. I believe that boobers are permitted, but live bait isn't. That is the only stipulation I have ever seen, other than trolling for bass is illegal in tourneys too.

I only know of two techniques that a boober is used for and I have never seen them in a tourney. One is the float and fly, which is apparently deadly on smallmouth on windy points. And the other I just saw in Bassmaster, where a guy hooked a senko wacky-style under a float.

I would guess it would be legal in my club as long as it didn't use live bait.

Eric

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

"Boober"???? :F :F Yikes :-0 :D

4. Sure they are...you must of read the latest Bassmaster mag. issue where they spoke of using bobbers

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

boobers are awesome, i am going to try some out!

6. It was a Fruedian slip, I think. I apologize. My two finger typing style causes many errors.

Eric

7. Riverman

Riverman Banned

That just what I need to help sales a little mix of Boobers and Bobbers. I need a video that combines the two.