close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass spot?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HuntingForBass, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Where is the best largemouth bass fishing location in central ohio?

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thats a good question however the answer is very hard. I fish knox alot since i live next to it. So for me its knox since i live close and fish it alot. The best largemouth fishing is were ever they are hitting the best at the time. All the lakes can be good if you can just figure out what the pattern is and get the fish to the boat thats the hard part.

3. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I know but I'm not tellin'.

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

My favorites are in this order:
    O"Shannessy, Knox, Fort Loramie. Just my 2 cents

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

You should come up to NE Ohio. The best bassin in the state.

6. if your not looking for hogs. some of the golf course ponds have a lot in them that are decent sized

7. GREENFISH77

GREENFISH77 Team BAss Xtreme

Aep Recreation Land. Hands down. Those ponds hold the biggest bass in Ohio.
    :cool: If you want numbers, try Hargus.

8. antrim has huge lm bass but hard to catch

9. Since he asked where in central ohio, that pretty much disqualifies some of the places mentioned. I never had as much success in NE Ohio as I do here, but the Portage Lakes are a great fishery and Berlin is very underrated as a bass lake. If I had my choice of fishing one day in central Ohio, it would be Alum Creek. I know, I know. Everyone hates the lake because of the pleasure boaters. But if you can get there on a day without a lot of boats on it, you can fish for LM and SM bass. Other people hate the lake for the simple fact that some of the best spots are off shore structure which is hard to find and fish. Long points and deep humps almost always hold both species of bass. But I couldn't count so high as the number of people I see fish a body of water, beat the bank, when all the conditions say to back off and go deep. And these are people with "so-phis-ta-cated" fishfinders. I have a wide 100 hummngbird, POS. But I can cruise a point, find a deep hump, and fish them all day long and catch fish. Alum has great structure for just that.

Eric