close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Mar 30, 2008.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Hey Everybody,
    I didn't get much response earlier today on the Central Ohio forum page, so I'll post another one here. Hope it's ok with everyone.

I caught these two bass yesterday/Saturday in a small watershed at the edge of Fairfield & Perry County.

- They hit my JignPig out in the deep water near the channel.
    - No hits in the shallow flats/weedbeds.
    - Water temperature was mid 40s.
    - Wind blowing like hell.
    - They were fat!!!

Attached Files:

2. nice fish...hope to get a couple of those this week..got all week off for fishing was hoping it wasnt too early

3. Great pic's.. Good for you !!! :B Man it's nice to see some guys are hitting some. Those kind of places can be real hot spots for big bass right now. And thanks for the water conditions you added to your post. Next week sounds like warmer weather so it should only get better. Most main bodies of water I checked were all about the same, low to mid 40's. ((I'll bet you were happy with that day of fishing ))

4. JignPig Guide

Thanks Sr.Jigger & BassTrackerJoe. The bites are coming awful slow. But the quality so far this year has been good keepers.

5. Whats up? Been burning up the bass and crappie around northern ,ky! Smaller farm ponds and a few of the smaller lakes! Bass are laying right up on the banks! We have fished a few muddy lakes and a blue and silver rattle trap did the trick! Clear water been throwing some plastic a white 5 inch fluke, just bouncing it off the bottom! Crappie coming on pretty strong also! The last four days im guessing around 90 to 100 fish! Thats crappie and bass!

6. ok.....i'm a flattie man i love to chase the big flatheads...so i dont know what a jiggnpigg is...can someone tell me!!!!.....lol...my wife likes bass and all i never fished for them myself but i want to take her out on a bass chase any info is good for me....lol

7. JignPig Guide

Hey flattiesinohio,
    A JignPig basically is an imitation of a crawfish or even a dying baitfish. The next time you're at the bait-store look for either a Strike King Bitsy Flip, or any other 1/4 to 3/8 oz. jig with plastic strands & a weed-guard. (There are many brands out there.) Then look for some jars of Uncle Josh pork frogs.

1 - Hook the pork chunk to the jig. This makes it a JignPig.
    2 - Even though this is the abbreviated version of instruction. I recommend fishing the JignPig similar to a crawfish pattern. Toss it out. (They hit it on the fall by the way.) Then slowly lift your rod tip up, give it a crank or two, and slowly lower it.
    3 - Think like a crawfish that is slowly crawling on the bottom.

Hope this helps. Good luck!