Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something tells me it won't take 7 weeks to get back.
Nice job!
Not even close!

If you catch them all now, you will not have any next year.
All catch and release. Only time I keep bass is if they're hooked too deep to survive or some smaller ones through the ice

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder how many people recognize that spot... glad the lake is alive and well Been 2 years since I had a chance or felt a reason to fish it.
The lake is always hit or miss it as it gets a tremendous amount of pressure

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice report and nice bag man! Impressive. Was out at mogadore Sunday evening, managed 3 in 3 hrs - no size to them. Guess I need to switch up lakes! Haha. Any pattern to em? Caught mine on a senko and swim jig - main points next to coves. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice report and nice bag man! Impressive. Was out at mogadore Sunday evening, managed 3 in 3 hrs - no size to them. Guess I need to switch up lakes! Haha. Any pattern to em? Caught mine on a senko and swim jig - main points next to coves. Cheers!
Frogs jigs spinnerbaits

·
Fish fire food friends family
1,804 Posts
Very nice bass for sure. I'm not a bass guy so to speak but last few years have gotten back into fishing for them...mostly smallmouths and river fishing for them as I like <love> putting my boots to the bottom of rivers! I have lipped alot of bass over my years. Some of my biggest bass have come from old Geauga lake back some 30 plus years ago when that place was like watching a old <in fisherman show>

...can honestly say that on a Saturday morning at sunup...riding my bike less than 1 mile from Geauga lake to a spot in between SeaWorld/Geauga lake...and throwing the old school black/yellow jitter bug out across them lilly pads...3 pound bass were the small ones!

...anyway DHower08 nice picture of largemouth for sure.

...some pictures of some bass from streetsboro area last few years.

Don.
Water Casting (fishing) Rock fishing Plant Hunting

Fish Fin Fishing Fisherman Tail

Water Plant Fisherman Fish Lake

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Never got to fish Geauga. Remember the boat ride & throwing bread in the water watching it boil with my mouth hanging open. How about the quarry behind it? That was a good little spot. Use to get some nice ones at old Aroura lake to. Back in the "jungle".

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice bass for sure. I'm not a bass guy so to speak but last few years have gotten back into fishing for them...mostly smallmouths and river fishing for them as I like <love> putting my boots to the bottom of rivers! I have lipped alot of bass over my years. Some of my biggest bass have come from old Geauga lake back some 30 plus years ago when that place was like watching a old <in fisherman show>

...can honestly say that on a Saturday morning at sunup...riding my bike less than 1 mile from Geauga lake to a spot in between SeaWorld/Geauga lake...and throwing the old school black/yellow jitter bug out across them lilly pads...3 pound bass were the small ones!

...anyway DHower08 nice picture of largemouth for sure.

...some pictures of some bass from streetsboro area last few years.

Don. View attachment 477267
View attachment 477269
View attachment 477270
Geauga lake, my father fished that lake for years. I fished it til I was about 15 or 16. Dale vanvoris was the vice president back then. So we had permission for yrs til he retired. Good fishing and yearly free passes. Brings back lots of memories. Caught alot of black snakes there as well. Nice pics man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts