close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bass pro sucks!

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by dip, Aug 21, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

i ordered a "widget" i need to cover my boat in order to keep da leaves out.... placed order monday..... order shipped tuesday.... still ain't got it yet. if cabeler's woulda had it my boat would be covered right now. i'm done with bass pro. :mad:

2. If it shipped Tuesday, Id have to say its UPS. If there lieing I can see your point. You have a tracking#?

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Sounds like your beef isn't with Bass Pro.

If you would have ordered it from Cabelas, your order would have been lost before it even got shipped, or you would have paid twice as much for it.

I will never spend another dime at Cabelas.

4. dip

dip dip

it got shipped USPS which means that some time in the next month or so i'll find a ticket in my mailbox saying that i can wait in line to beg post office freaks with ATTITUDES for my "widget". CABELAS sends evathang UPS which is QUICKER and leaves the stuff on my porch!

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

You gotta love UPS.

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I suppose if you had ordered a gidget and a widget you would have a flying nun at your doorstep holding a strap. whinner

bill

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

you can request UPS from Bass Pro as well as USPS. You have to request it and pay the difference. I've never had a problem with BPS.

8. Lake Milton Joe

Lake Milton Joe Lake Milton Joe

I have received many shipments by UPS not over night shipment regular shipment and in less that a week I have received my shipment with no problem, from Bass Pro.

9. Everything I've ever ordered from BPS has been shipped UPS. Wonder why they sent it USPS? You have to remember it's coming from Missouri so it's going to take a couple of days to get to you. I'm sure you'll get it in the next day or two.

10. I think some people just have bad luck ;) I have never had a problem with either one.

11. I wasn't too impressed with the Bass Pro Shop in Myrtle Beach, SC. Fishing dept. much, much smaller than Cabelas in Dundee, MI. I couldn't find a decent stringer, a 15/16" prop wrench for my Merc, a large jointed Bomber in Gold, and a few basic camping items. Camping dept. was poor, hunting dept. looked well stocked with camo stuff (didn't check hunting gear), had some nce boats on display.....all in all, it's sad to say that this particular BPS was as well stocked (for fresh water fishing) as Dick's Sporting Goods.....sad. They did have a fair, not great, supply of satwater stuff. If you needed a fancy BP designer shirt, you found paradise, if you wanted the $5 t'shirt they advertised, you would have to settle for adult medium or children's small.