close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Pro Shops in Charlotte

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AndroDoug, Dec 30, 2004.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I am going to Florida for the first 2 weeks of January and fish the St John's river basin near Deland. I just noticed that there is a BPS in Charlotte, NC and we will be passing through. I have never been to a BPS. Will it be worth our while to take a couple hours out of our travels to stop? Is this BPS one of the "good" ones? Obviously, I assume they will have tons of baits that I can buy year round. I tried stocking up with some of my favorite lures this past week or so, and all the stores near here are either out of them till spring, or they have put them away (soft plastics specifically). I would like to stock up on some white yamamoto senkos, but no one has them now.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Yes bass pro shop is worth the stop. If you want. try to get to Cinn. before you go. There is also one in Atlanta Ga. Not sure what you want but I'm sure they will have what you want.

3. My Fiance lives in Charlotte and every time I am down there I stop for atleast a little visit. She thinks I only go down to visit Bass Pro. It's a nice store with lots of stuff, and it is a good resting point if you want to get out and stretch your legs and lighten your wallet ;) Personally, Cabelas has room to grow in their fishing department. If it is fishing season, BPS is my stop. Hunting season, I stick to Cabelas. It is a nice store. I've been in BPS in Cincinnati, Nashville, Memphis, and Charlotte. The one in Charlotte is one of the nicer ones out of the 4 i've visited.

Kevin

4. catking

catking Banned

Just realize that this city has the second most traffic conjestion, next to Atlanta , this side of the Missisippi ;) I kid you not. Been there several times , and it's nothing to be in traffic for 3 hours between 1-6pm.....In fact it is so bad that I'll take a 100 mile detour just to advoid this city....... CATKING

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I go down there every March to fish Lake Wylie. The Bass Pro is not actually in Charlotte, but in Concord. You won't see the traffic that you will get when you actually go through Charlotte. If you hit Charlotte on 77 at the wrong time of day you will be stopped for a long while. I learned that the hard way. The Bass Pro is actually off highway 85 I believe. Take 85 east off 77 south and you will see it on the left after about 10 minutes or so. Bass Pro is definatly worth the trip. It is better than the one in Cincinatti and the retail stores always have sales you never here about and can't get through the catalog. I agree with Hoss5355. Bass Pro is better for fishing and Cabelas better for hunting.