close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Pro Or Cabelas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stevenj, Dec 27, 2007.

1. I am heading up north of detroit in the early a.m. for work. hopefully time will allow a stop at both stores. Time may be tight , If it is , what store should
    i concentrate on getting to rather than the other.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Cabelas is about an hour closer to Detroit than Bass Pro, I'd head there.

3. I've never checked out Bass Pro shops in the winter, only been there once ever actually, but i'm gettin less and less impressed with cabelas winter ice fishing selection every year.

4. If you go up 23 you go right past Cabela's

5. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

As a place to see... Cabelas. The Detroit (actually Pontiac) BPS is pretty lame if you ask me.

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Like others have said, Cabelas is on the way to Detroit, Bass Pro is an hour north of Detroit. Both are good, but I prefer BPS.

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I like bass pro for fishing stuff and cabelas for everything else. Cabelas has more to look at and a wild game resturant.

8. You will be closer to the BPS and Cabelas isn't exactly on the way to Detroit (at least if you go thru Toledo). That being said, BPS does nothing for me...got to Cabelas.

Tim

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Cabelas so you can stop by the Wilderness Sports Bar right outside of it and enjoy some good perch/walleye/bluegill.

10. Oh by the way captnroger, me and my buddy took your advice and checked out that sports bar and we highly thank you for the suggestion!!!!

We both got that big Walleye, Perch, Bluegill and Shrimp platter w-fries and not only was it good, but they give you enough to feed a family.

And on a plus side, my buddy left with one of the waitresses #'s haha, thought I was going to end up leaving him up there lol

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Yeah it's a great place. I spoke with the cook one night and he said several local charter captains supply them with the walleye and yellow perch. They cook it right in front of you so you know it's fresh and the real deal. I dunno where they get the bluegill, didn't even know it was legal to serve.

Great burgers too.

12. Yeah that does sound a bit odd. I thought it was illegal to sell walleye/perch or give it away with the intent to sell. Unless of course it's caught and sold commercially.