close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Pro Detroit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Jan 11, 2005.

1. We're heading up to WIndsor this weekend, and I was wanting to stop at Bass Pro in Detroit. Is there a mall really close to it so I can drop my girlfriend off there?

2. Dingo

Dingo

Not really. Closest thing would be to drop her off at the mall on the south end of Ann Arbor (right off 94) or in downtown Ann Arbor and shop the art gallerys/craft stores (for a different alternative than the malls).

I always wondered why someone (if not Cabalas themselves) utilized some of the property where their store is located for a 'lady friendly' set of stores, like pottery barn, crate and barrel, restoration hardware, etc. All of the Cabelas where I have been don't have any close alternatives for those who are overloaded by all of the camo. Better yet, allow rental (free if you spend enough) of a set of 2-mile (outdated) radios so the spouses can communicate during the shopping experience.

Bass Pro seems to have gotten the idea, building their "mills" complexes around the Bass Pro, providing the sometimes necessary alternative. Time for Cabelas to "get with the program".

3. If I remember correctly, there is a very large mall there and I think it connects to the BPS there.

4. YES, THe mall is directly connected to the Bass Pro Shops in Detroit!! It's a nice mall at that....

5. Hmmmm....not sure what I should do now :)

6. Considering the mall is directly attached, have her shop for a few minutes and you can walk over to BPS. It's all connected inside.

7. And this is technically in Auburn Hills, right? If Mapquest is right, it looks like it's about 30 miles north of where we'll be getting off to go to Windsor.

8. It is a bit north of the city. My mapping shows it at Exit 84 off of I-75.

On the way up to BPS (Exit 79), there is a restaurant called the "Big Buck Brewery". Good food, quite a bit of wild game items on the menu, and of course, a micro-brewery inside. You can see this place from the freeway before the exit.

9. Dingo

Dingo

Oops. Misread the post -- thought that you were talking about Cabelas. You will be fine with BPS. Can stop by Cabelas for a bit on the way home...

10. Yep, Auburn Hills is where BPS is. I second the recommendation to Big Buck's Brewery!! Great Place....

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

that whole area by basspro is a shopaholics heaven..a little beyond that is where hundreds of little lakes are too..great fishing lakes..

12. Now that I think of it, it would sure be nice if you brought back of 6-pack of each of their beer varieties for all of us!!!!

13. I'll see what I can work out :)