close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Pro 100mph goretex suits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stcroixjoe, Dec 1, 2008.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

does anyone have one? what are the pro's and con's of them? is your movement limited?

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I have a set along with the fleece liner for the jacket. The one con is certainly the price...! They're very comfortable in my opinion and really does not hinder your movement. Actually, I'd say they're a pretty good value if you're out in the elements a lot.

3. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

are they pretty warm or do you have to layer up ?

4. I have been looking into getting a set also. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and they seem nice (very expensive) I know they sell the liner jacket for the actual outer jacket, but they seem pretty thick. I am sure you would need to layer up as they don't have any insulation. They are waterproof and windproof though, so a few layers and you should be good.

I also heard on the older version the knees would rip out real easy? Is that true?

5. I love mine. They are pricy, but worth the money.IMO
    I was lucky I bought a set of bib's off Ebay new for $66, so I just had to buy the Jacket from Bass Pro. They WILL keep you warm and dry, if you layer.

6. My departed fishing buddy had a set and said they were worth every penny and if the are even close to the cabelas guidewear i have they would be worth the money. You can fish in a downpour all day and come home dry. If you fish out of a fast boat buy the bibs not just pants. If your sitting in bass boat running 50 MPH the wind will push the water up your backside past the regular style pants.
    Expensive but if you want to live out in the rain they are definitely worth the price.

7. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Layering is definitely in order...like they say, you can always take it off but if you don't have it, well you know the story. BP also carry's a nice brand of thermos that's idea for the base layer. They come in 3 different weights and can be had if you catch them on sale for about $40 a set.

8. I finally saved all my money from wearing out "less expensive" bibs and jackets (they too still $100-$200 a pop!) and spent a little extra 3 seasons ago.

Saved my days many times- comfy too, I'll spend a full weekend sleeing in them and all :p seriously...

No knee issues here- I have seen them in unpopular colors in the bargin cave for under $100 each- they do it seasonally it seems- if you dont mind a red jacket and green bibs go for it!!!

Highly recommended investment-

nip
    www.dobass.com

9. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I've posted on these suits vs the guidewear and was told by many hardcore walleye fisherman you can't go wrong with either set, pick your poison in this case I guess, both quality raingear. I recently got a set of guideware and fished in some bad wind and rain and they kept me dry and they do a great job of breaking the wind. I got the uninsulated so I can wear them in the warmer months and not sweat my berries off, I layered up this fall and was good to go.

10. Wish I could help on the BP suits but I've been looking around myself.

I love my uninsulated Guide Wear but all that layering gets old when you wear them as much as I do. I've tried on every size of insulated coveralls (Walls and Carharts) and I'm just not satisfied with the fit. Planning on making the trip up to Dundee this weekend. Think I'm ready to bite the bullet and get a Trans-Alaska suit ($279) just for winter. At that price it better last 15+ yrs.