Bass Poppers

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

finally got them done so I can try them out. Had to wait for materials on orders and they really look great.
    [​IMG]

2. nice looking poppers i am sure they will give you loads of fish!

3. Great looking flies, nice job!!!!

4. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

5. FFD,
    Great looking poppers...your talent FAR surpasses mine!!

Question...Where did you get the alligator clips/posts, or did you make them? If bought...where? & If made, would you share how you did it & what you used? I am trying to put together an epoxy fly drying wheel.
    Thanks,
    Mike

6. Nice Bugs !! what kind of hooks did you use ? and what size hooks are they,and did you buy the bodies ?

7. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Size 4 M33903 hooks were used on these. Bodies are glued up 2mm foam sheets, then plug cut and turned down on dremel tool. Epoxied the body 2 coats. The aligator clips were bought at Radio Shack and the pins from sewing machine shop.Bent the pins at 90 deg. angle and inserted them thru aligator clip hole and crimped the clips around the pin and then soldered them in permentely. Does this help? If you need more info feel freeto let me know.I can post some pictures also. My drying wheel is a 2 rpm homemade and it works great. Mydrying motor motor is a damper control unit for used in HVAC.