Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are just some of the one that had a little size to them we caught some others that were smaller than some of the baits we were using! like the one i caught on a giant zara spook! :B

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
while ice fishing this pond earlier this year me and matt were hammering some really good gills when all of a sudden all fish just disappeared from the aqua view then you could make out a dark shape at the outer range of the camera
it kept coming closer and closer till we could finally tell what the hell it was , it was one massive bass those gills split the scene when it came cruising in i dont know what it weighed but my guess would have to be 5 lbs at the bare minimum its hard to say looking at it through the camera it looked massive . once it moved on we started seeing the blue gills filtering back in i wish i could have got a pic of the aqua view moniter with that monster on there. but we know its in there maybe we will get lucky and catch it. that would make for some good photos.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice catch. must of been a fun day.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we caught those bass over the past three or four weeks on several different trips some days it was warm some were cold but the bass didnt seem to care much . as for fishing atwood lately no but i plan on hitting it here at the end of the month ive been pretty busy with the kids and work . its good to here from ya dawg you and your boy been into any eyes anywhere?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did anyone happen to notice the large scar on the back of the fish in the 8th picture down on the list i thought matt took a close up of it but i guess not but if you look its noticeable.:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Sam, Boy and I have been fishing below the dams at Charles Mills and Pleasent Hill. Haven't caught anything to write home about, though Josh did get one 20 inches long, got plenty that day but all where small,except that one. One thing for sure it's just going to get better when this stinking weather breaks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no there not as pretty as eyes but its was a sure cure for the cabin fever.
hey dawg those big eyes will star getting hungry soon enough. we'll have to get together here soon i'd like to fish charles mills ive never fished there before and ive been hearing good things about it.:)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That's a nice stack of fish you got. I'm hoping to get started soon and start me a collection of pictures like that.

P.S. Nice hat too. ;) Where did you get it? Is it fitted? I'm not a hunter but that's a pretty sweet hat and might make a good fishing hat too. I don't think I've seen a camo hat like that one.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
The P. Hill spillway seems to be a big debate at work between a few of the guys. It really helps to know the discharge schedual of the dam and to be there at the right time when fishing the spillways in the spring. Not enough or too much water will result in a bad day. You can't go in there blind and expect to catch eyes consistantly. They turn on and off like a light switch depending on what the discharge level is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts