Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a pond this morning for a Coulple hrs. Hit most of my fish on Texas rigged rubber worms. But I took a 2.75 joshy and Texas rigged it weightless(lotsa moss). It caught good fish mostly on the fall. It spun a little but not as bad as I thought it would. And the drop was just amazing looking. The thing wobbled all the way to the bottem. Would be a great presentation on vertical structure...

Anyways the fish were active hit 20ish bass but no HOGGS. Biggest 17. Rest were 10-15 inches.. fun morning neways. And found a new way to use a Joshua..

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,197 Posts
Interesting. I'd be curious to try out some weedless hooks. I usually fish the streams and end up losing a lot of bj's on snags.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I was blown off erie this spring an last fall so I stayed in the bays/Marinas had 3 to 4 of my most memorable bass trips in yrs on Josh's swim baits, They are not yet my go to lure, Depending on what I am targetting I will have my lures for the target species, but I always have a mixed pack of 4 josh's an 2 of the jigs in the box. Ill see if I cant find the pics they saved a few blown off the day lakes and turned em into great fishing days. I rig them high on the back which gives them a even bigger wobble, as they get tore up I cut off the chewed up part and rerig till the fish have totally tore em apart.

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
I throw them on a bite me Jacobs jig in the Ohio river. Its just a basic pointed nose swim jig with a fiber weedguard. Work great through grass and wood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. I'd be curious to try out some weedless hooks. I usually fish the streams and end up losing a lot of bj's on snags.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I just texasposed mine. I'm not big on hooks with weedgaurds. The weightbof the bait free fell just right. An the best action came whiled fluttering down on the fall.
Oh I was using a shorter wide gap worm hook

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Fish Bass Fish Barramundi Bony-fish

I use that same measuring tape at times myself- LOL!

Ok.... At this point I ned to just buy some big joshy's and test them myself. I have a go to swimbait that is freaking amazing but cost a little more.....hmmmmm?

Anyone know if the joshua are scented, our of you can scent them yourself?

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ {

Attachments

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I'm using Keitech swing impact, and swing impact fats. They really don't look much different than some less expensive swimbaits but there is a very large difference in fish caught for me.

If Joshy's can replicate the bite I would probably switch because the guy is a local, member, and his baits are a little cheaper without any shipping charges.

Plus, if I can smoke my cousin bass fishing in florida with them, I'd mutch rather do it with a bait he cannot get at the store, and one from good ol OHIO! LOL he likes to rub the while bigger bass in florida in my face, he'd absolutely cry himself to sleep if I was able to out fish him on his home lake!

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Strato where are your pretty smallmouth pictures i know i took one other night. Alum bass have been eating Joshy swims up for the last month really well. Here is a picture of one largemouth my buddies son Jacob caught while fishing a pond where is Dad was working landscape. Guess this was one of many he got using the new Sunfish swim which has been tearing fish up. Also just so you remember the Saugeyes love them i have a pic of a pig eye Jacob got as well while throwing a Joshy for Crappies awhile back. What a fish and put back to be caught again. Love them baits snd love the pictures.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Josh is right on top shipping. Are they expensive? Hmmm no. Next time I order, if I have the option, I want bulk.like 25 at a time. One thing I've learned with johsys..is to use super glue. From that, I use super glue on every plastic now.

Huh... wonder if they can incorporate a fish scent in the super glue.

One more thing about Joshy. He knows what it means to respect the customer.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Troy awesome pics and nice fish moke .yeas alum bass like them as much or better then the pond bass do! Though it seems.
Troy u sure u didn't just focus that pic instead of snapping the shot.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts