Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bass Masters is in Sandusky on Thursday, Friday and up at Rosford on Sadurday for their Weigh-in events
Is there anything else beyond the weigh-in and fake drama of who has the biggest haul of the day going on???

i.e. vendor displays seminars etc.

I would like to take my son up Thursday to the Sandusky boat ramp but we are in school until 3 which is weigh in time but I am not really a fan of that stuff

My son would get a kick out of meeting some of the guys and seeing the latest and greatest gear on display ect.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
there will be big names in this tournament but its not an elite series event... iaconelli, JVD, palanuik, and prob 20 more elite series guys will be fishing...

if you want to meet some of those guys, make sure you go the first 2 days because only the top 12 will fish Saturday...

as far as displays and what not... there wont be much of that going on... but if you want to check out some of the guys boats, nearly all of them are very accessible and would accommodate you especially with the aspect of having your kid with you...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true and great thinking to both of you. I am not sure I can make any of the days with baseball and football but if there is any way to squeeze it in....
I forgot about what all is going on this week (a good thing to have all of that going on with the son but bummer about not likely making it up. We do have ball on Saturday near Rosford: if my son is not too worn out from the double header I will run us by to see the finals at bass pro

thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
342 Posts
There is some made up drama but it's all in good fun. It's worth going at least once in your life.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one of my students went a few years back and said he had a really good time. The pros are very kind to the kids and that is exactly what I want to expose my son to

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
Im thinking bout going up sat. 2.5 hour drive. Gotta see how its done, so i can do it next year. And maybe if i win the points championship this year lol.( good chance )

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
things looking good for my roomates... i went up to help a buddy of mine practice, he is sitting in 3rd (kyle kempkers, Michigan) and hunter shryock in 2nd, only about a pound behind the leader, mike iaconelli...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts