close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Masters classic

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by Phil Carver, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Can Michael Iaconelli do it again ? He's lookin real good at the classic so far . Only 3oz out of 1st place after the first day with a total weight of 15#15oz and also bigg bass of day 1 at 7.04# :D . This one is going to be a close one !

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

he doesnt hold his emotions back to well when he gets a hawg in the boat :D I'd like to see him win it again

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I don't know the top 7 or 8 are close watch out for Denny Brauer.

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Alot of guys think that he is very unprofesional with his actions , I think he is alsome ! I get just as excited when I get a hawg myself ! :) I was very upset after watching last years classic on tv and seeing him not even get a hand shake from Gary Klien who finished 2nd ! :(

5. Procraftboats21

yeah alot of people don't like his actions, but I'm pretty sure if I caught the winning fish with 7 minutes to go and the classic on the line, I'd be doin some pretty good hootin' and hollarin'

6. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I would be going crazy. Iaconelli can do it if he keeps his head in the game.

7. Procraftboats21

Michael Iaconelli disqualified on day 2 for fishing an area that was off limits.. what a shame :(

8. Yea How Did That Happen?did His Lowrance Fail Him Like Mine Did?...lol...

9. Procraftboats21

I guess it didn't make much of a differnce that he was DQ, he only had a pound fish and it was dead.

10. So what's your prediction of who is gonna take this one? Takahiro, Rojas , Quinn ?

I'm gonna go out on a limb for Quinn since he's the local boy. :)

11. Procraftboats21

I'm gonna say vandam, hes caught over 20 fish in two days, I think hes going to have a good bag tommorow.

12. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I don't Know I wouldn't count the shallow guys out of It. Brauer could get a big bag, but Rojas is fishing the shallow stuff different he might do it.

13. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I also wouldn't mind seeing quinn win. I have been reading about these poor guys having 50 to 60 boats following them around all day. Man would that suck. I would personally love to see a pro in action but I could not stoop to that level. They (the pros) hate all those boats following them around.(with the exception of Iaconelli) The last thing I would want to do is mess up my favorite bass pros day or water. I know these people feel they are doing no harm but i'm sure they park over water the pro was planning on fishing. Next year I will watch the classic from the weigh in for sure. I'm just glad they fished a lake instead of the delta again.

14. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

I think Quinn will hang on in this one..however I have to root for my long lost cousin Denny Brauer...we have to be related somehow being that we share the same last name!

15. Mike I. got out of the legalized fishing zone. With all the new electronics, how could someone do this? At least he faulted himself.
    I look to see someone win it for the first time. Looks like Kelly Jordan is finding the fish so far. I like Aaron Martens intensity. However, the power fishing almost seems to take the fun out of the sport.
    Just my opinion.

Shari B :)

16. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

sheri, from what I read from bassmaster.com is that mike Iaconeli fished a release site that was off limits. He even called the tourney director before he fished but must have misunderstood him. Full story at bassmaster.com.

17. He had a good bag on day 3. Three of them, including the 5 pounder were caught in the last hour, too! I thought KVD had it, though. :cool:
    LaDo

18. Takohiro Omori Rocks the house!!!

19. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Great finish. I hope I can see it in person next year in Pittsburg!!!