Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually salt fish. But found a spot on my local lake where the bait is running rampid. the water is so clear you can see the bass just smash the bait. Was using shiners my first day witnessing this and they wanted nothing to do with it. Went home had dinner came back with my salt gear. It has literally been every day for 32 days straight. Averaging six fish an hour. Net throwing time included
Cast Net= large lake shad
Large lake shad=......

Attachments

·
The Eagle Has Landed
123 Posts
Nice! I haven't seen that size bass since I use to fish Pine, Evans and Hamilton lakes back in the 90's....So I dare to ask....Where did you catch them? If it's a private lake you don't have to say. Super catch! Congratulations.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Beautiful Fish

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Wow, nice catch.

Nice! I haven't seen that size bass since I use to fish Pine, Evans and Hamilton lakes back in the 90's....So I dare to ask....Where did you catch them? If it's a private lake you don't have to say. Super catch! Congratulations.
I used to fish those lakes religiously back in the day. Never did well on Pine, but Evans was my lake. The size and the numbers of bass in that lake are incredible. I live very close to Hamilton, so i fished it almost as much as Evans.
And to think, $30 a year to fish those 5 lakes was unbeatable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need this in my life
You're more than welcome to come on down PM me if possible for a location and I'll happily share the shad

·
ol' pal Steve
1,294 Posts
That's not the C-1 culvert on Nimi. I know that well and it is waaaaaay further down from the road. I appreciate the pictures, looks like a lot of fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts