close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bass lure help

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jdoz80, Jul 16, 2005.

1. jdoz80

jdoz80 Slayer of the fish

Does any one know of a artificial bait that resembles a blue gill. I went to a pund the other day with a co-worker and we saw bass just chassing them everywhere so I am looking for a lure that looks just like one and produces well, If you know of one please share.

2. yeah i have always had good luck with rapala, they have just what your looking for as well, its a blue gill color(exact) fat rap.
    or try a perch countdown.

3. jdoz80

jdoz80 Slayer of the fish

will try thanks for the info

4. Another good idea is a blue fleck rubber work with no weight, with the slow drop stays in the strike zone longer

5. Storm has a shad swim bait that works really well in ponds. They come 5 in a pack and you can pick them up for $2.50 or so at Dick's Sporting Goods. The action on this bait is pretty amazing. Looks just like a live minow.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Try swimming a jig.

7. I also have a Rapala DT Series crankbait that works well and imitates bluegills. They make them in different depths and a very good lure.

8. I have had alot of luck throwing a DT4 or a DT6 in ponds. You can find the color that best similates a bluegill.

9. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

like Ncraft said, swimming a jig with lots of purples/blues/greens and maybe a hint of orange should do the trick. I've also done good with a DT10 in bluegill, the color pattern is very detailed.

10. hook a live bluegill rigged weightless....nothin like the real thing.

11. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Haha thought this sounded familiar when I read it last week. Guess it should since I was that co-worker :D

It did suck though, bass jumping all over the place and just laughing at everything we threw at them...