close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bass lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by steelhead, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for an opinion on a good bass lake, I fished Mogador last Sat.

We caught a couple of bass, But there were a lot of weeds growing along the shoreline.

We are traveling from akron and would like a lake that you can use a 25 horse motor. I'm fishing with a recent NY transplant. Although I'm not much of a bass fisherman, I would like to put him on some fish. We usually run plastics near the top and buzz baits near the shoreline. With the weeds on mogador the fishing was tough.

I'm not looking for specifics, Just some thoughts on a good bass lake.

Thanks,
    Steel

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

my thoughts on this is if you want to use the 25 go to portage lakes if you can do elect only fish mogadore early (spring) in the year then nimisilla wich would be my top pick for local lakes erie is best for smallies.........jim

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

First of all welcome to our site. I'm not familiar with that area but sounds as if your doing things right. Might also suggest using a spinner bait that matches the food fish, @shad, use silver etc. Also pitch a small jig and rubber right into the weeds. Let them sink and jig them slowly. If the bass are in there they will find it. Again welcome, I'm sure someone in that area will help you out.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

fishingful was right on about his local picks, but with a little drive, i've heard that mosquito is a top bassery and there are some to be caught in West branch and berlin. I have also caught some from Milton, but mostly while walleye fishing.

5. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Don't forget about the Muskingum Watershed lakes. They are a little farther of a drive than Portage, but worth it. Tappan has unlimited HP but Atwood has a 25HP limit I believe. That might be your best bet. It will be easier to find the bass there than WB or Berlin, IMHO.

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

cleveland harbor holds lots of bass on the rocky shore and in the marinas. sm & lm are abundant along with rock bass,even caught a northern pike there last summer. just fish when the boat traffic is low .