Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
First off, I'd like to give a special thanks to Marshall for being kind enough to take me out on his boat. It was a gorgeous day on O'Shaughnessy and it was an awesome experience fishing off the back of his boat. While the weather was nice, the bite was difficult and in the end, we never put together a solid pattern. Marshall boated 6 or 7 bass pitching while I caught 1 bass pitching, 1 spinnerbaiting, and 1 frogging. We mainly focused on hitting targets along the shoreline, but we also spend some time offshore without much success.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That's why I never got any on that one bank......LOL I got to thinking that Marshall might of hit it before I made it there. I went down to the zoo and picked up 2 down there. The water seemed to be a little more stained south by the zoo. I came back up north and got 3 more. The biggest was around close to 3 lbs. The others were around 14 inches each. They were right where Marshall said they were.

Glad you guys caught some.

GarryS

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's why I never got any on that one bank......LOL I got to thinking that Marshall might of hit it before I made it there. I went down to the zoo and picked up 2 down there. The water seemed to be a little more stained south by the zoo. I came back up north and got 3 more. The biggest was around close to 3 lbs. The others were around 14 inches each. They were right where Marshall said they were.

Glad you guys caught some.

GarryS
Nice job! We couldn't find any big fish, a 3 lber is a great fish for today, what did you get it on?

·
Catch Photo And Release
2,163 Posts
It was a fun day. I was hoping the bite would have been a little better but hey we caught a few fish, cant complain. Thats how fishing goes, some days you catch a bunch others you catch a few. The water muddied up a bit from a few days ago. They will bite better once the river stabilizes a bit. Micheal, you are welcome. It was fun meeting ya, glad we was able to get out. Also garry, it was nice seeing ya.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It was nice seeing you as well Marshall . That was the 3rd time I've been out this year. Sad!! At least I have managed to catch fish each time. I hope to get out again soon. Got to make sure my old boat is ready for vacation.

1Rod.... You were with one of the best. Marshall knows his stuff. I caught all mine on a 1/8 oz. black/blue Bitsy Bug jig with a black/blue Zoom super chunk jr. trailer. That's what I use most of the time fishing the river. Nice video's you posted there as well.

Good luck if you get out again.
GarryS

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice video... keep them coming!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was nice seeing you as well Marshall . That was the 3rd time I've been out this year. Sad!! At least I have managed to catch fish each time. I hope to get out again soon. Got to make sure my old boat is ready for vacation.

1Rod.... You were with one of the best. Marshall knows his stuff. I caught all mine on a 1/8 oz. black/blue Bitsy Bug jig with a black/blue Zoom super chunk jr. trailer. That's what I use most of the time fishing the river. Nice video's you posted there as well.

Good luck if you get out again.
GarryS
Without a doubt, I learned more with Marshall than I have fishing with any other boater during all the tournaments I've entered. Everytime I get out on a boat its a good learning experience, but fishing from the back of an Ohio pro's boat like Marshall was a treat! He taught me a ton about the reservoir, and watching him cast reminded me of KVD's buttery smooth roll casts and Denny Brauer's pinpoint pitches. The entire time we were out, I counted a grand total of one backlash from him, and thats only because we were facing 15 mph headwinds!

·
Catch Photo And Release
2,163 Posts
Dan, i can show u where they should live at alum but we wont catch any. Good luck thursday.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
marshall is on my short list of the top tournament fishermen in central ohio....

if I was going to recommend anyone to teach you how to fish griggs or oshay, he would be the one I would tell you to talk to...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've had the pleasure of fishing with Marshall the "bird dog of bass fishing". Dude can flat out catch 'em! Nice video!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
the Alum creek experiment for this morning wasnt the torture i expected, but wasnt great either...I had a limit of 5 keeper bass for about 6 lbs in 6 hours...def not my best day nor my worst! so thats a good day on alum..no skunk!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the Alum creek experiment for this morning wasnt the torture i expected, but wasnt great either...I had a limit of 5 keeper bass for about 6 lbs in 6 hours...def not my best day nor my worst! so thats a good day on alum..no skunk!
Not a bad day at all! Great job finding some fish, where were you catching em, deep structure?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts