Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my son caught a 7 lb Largemouth at Caesar Creek. This week it was me that caught the big fish. We were fishing Texas rig for Bass and I hooked into a big one. I fought the fish and just knew I had another 6 lb smallmouth. Nope, a 6 lb drum, woohoo! We move on and catch a few small ones and my son catches a nice keeper. We are winding down for the day when I pitch a Texas rigged worm over a laydown. I realize where it's going and pull back on the pole as it hits the water to bring it back to my side of the laydown. WHAM! at the same time a Huge fish grabs my worm. So now I'm fighting this huge fish on the other side of the laydown and I don't know what it is. I'm yelling at my son to get us on the other side as a (at least 36") Muskie jumps high out of the water. I battled it as we slowly moved around the laydown. It jumped again high out of the water. As we turned around the end of the laydown all I could feel was a snag. As we pulled up to get the snag out my line began to stretch and run again (he was still on). I was going to land my best Muskie yet. Well, anyone who has hooked a Muskie knows fluorocarbon is better than mono but it still cant escape the power of its sharp teeth. The line snapped and he was gone. I felt similar to the way I felt last week except there are no pictures to show for it. I love the diversity of fish at Caesar Creek.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts