Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the bass fishing been on Alum? I'll be up there on the 2nd and again the 15th and 16th. What do I have to look forward to?

·
Registered
776 Posts
;) With the warmup that's occuring. You can expect JET SKIS & BMWs' backing sideways down the ramp. :rolleyes:

·
BASS BUM
269 Posts
Fished alum from 1 till 5:30 pm -stayed on main lake for sm - one 22" musky only , fished many windy points & foundations

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
I filmed a fishing show for the Ohio News Network Channel 119 (Time Watner cable) Fished on O'Shay from 7a.m. Thursday to 1:30p.m. with no bites at all. Not one single hit. Talked to 5 other boaters and they said the same thing too. Nothing.

Show will be called, "Ohio Outdoors" if the Gen Mgr of the station gives it the o.k.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
why would they post a show about ...no bass???? you got to learn to get blue gill before you grad to bass. bass....the ideal cat bait!!!!!!!!!

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
:p :p :p

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D Ouch! Talk about kicking an old horse when he's down! (Or is it "mule"...) I better shut up, trucked knows where to find me.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Steve, why would anyone ask you to do a show on bass fishing? Next time let me know I'll go and show them how to catch bass at O'Shaugnessy. Anyone can catch bass there, opps, we'll almost anyone!

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
I knew I was going to get in trouble as soon as I opened my mouth and mentioned that. Well, I made it a point to pull up next to 4 other boats there and ask them if they were doing any good at all and thay all said no bites. They went out that day early too. I did that so that ONN didn't really think that it was me that was not catching fish.
But that's my story anyway, seems that I can't catch any fish this year yet. Oh well, I know that I am not alone in this matter. Except for a few of you "pro's". You know who you are. hehehehehehehe
I'm done. Later fellas.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Steve:
I ended up with 7 last wednesday, and 10 on Thursday at Griggs, Going to hit O'Shaugnessy if this weather doesn't turn real bad. I'll let you know how it turns out! I've got to better than you did! :D

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
I just checked the weather and it is supposed to storm by 5 p.m. here. If you get this you better check first man b4 u put the boat in.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
Actually the show is going to be called, "Ohio Outdoors". If the Gen Mgr of the station says yes to the promo film. It will be about the Columbus area and surrounding parks. A fishing report will be included in the show. I still believe that the "spawn" hasn't taken place yet. Water too cold. Spawn should be steady when the water stays at 62-63 degrees. I believe that they are totally confused with the warm up we had and then the cold front again right after that. They don't know what to do.
I saw Bass making beds 2 weeks ago and then the cold front came in and I believe that stopped them from spawning. I think that MOST of them went back deep. At least thats what my Lowrance shows me. Fish that I am marking are in the 12 to 15ft range. Anyone else see that too?

Well, if it warms up later today I might put the boat in for a bit tonight. If it doesn't warm up then I won't. My idea of a good time fishing is NOT standing there freezing while I am casting and reeling.

What do you guys think of that spawning scenerio I have?

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
JBJ said:
:D Ouch! Talk about kicking an old horse when he's down! (Or is it "mule"...) I better shut up, trucked knows where to find me.
Actually I was thinking more on the idea of a STALLION instead of an "old horse". :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We fished from 630a to 230p on Alum Sunday. A total of 4 keepers were caught in the club with one being @ 4.5 lbs, caught near the Cheshire ramp. My partner and I only had dinks and I believe I had a hold of a nice one briefly before he came unbuttoned. Dark colors seemed to be the norm that were getting hit and it was a finesse bite. No fast moving lures since that cold front and rain most of the day. Brrrrrr. We lost a couple of guys before 10 that did not come prepared for that kind of cold. Sheesh, I wasn't ready for that kind of cold either. Felt like early April instead of May.

It was still better than being at work all day!!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts