close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass Clubs

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jaredj, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Hey all, How can I join a local bass club? Meet some anglers and learn how to fish :). I keep getting skunked here and getting frustrated. Can use all the help I can get. I live in Hilliard, not sure how clubs are. Thanks for your help

2. Talk To Phil Carver. Midwest Sportsman Director For Columbus Ohio Runs A Really Good Circuit.you Can Find Info In Tournament Board On This Site. If Not Able That Way 1-614-348-2410

3. jaredj, check out O.B.C.F. ohiobasschapterfederation. Lots of central ohio bass clubs listed in there. Joining a club is a great way to get better at the many aspects of bass fishing. Helping our Youth, bettering our environment, new techniques and new friends are only a few of the many benefits. Good luck.

4. I second that motion, talk to Phil. The Midwest is a nice place to start for beginners. I am having a ball and learning alot along the way. His screen name here is hydrasport73 send him a pm it still might not be to late to join up.

Rusty

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

jaredj

2 B.A.S.S afiliated clubs that I would strongly suggest looking into would be Twin Rivers and the Alum Creek Basmasters . Both are very organized and are out to help each other out no matter if it means giving up some secrets . :) They both have a good record of members advanving onto the nationals and are both dedicated to introducing youth into the sport . You could also join Twin Rivers as an associate member I believe for a lower fee and still benifit from good friends and have the opertunity to fish with many different members and learn from them .

I myself direct the Central Ohio Division of Midwest Sportsman . Although we are not classified as a club , we try to help each other out so that ever-one can catch fish ! For example , at our last tournament , I myself gave a member a lure that he used as a last resort and ended up catching his 2 keepers on it . :) I welcome you to give me a call or shoot me a pm and I will help you out any way I can .

7. You can always ask questions here too and get help. We'll do what we can. Joining a club is a great way to go also. I joined one up here in Akron and it's been great. Lots to learn and it's good to find people to help you out.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

What would be the closest clubs around the knox lake area? Also what is the general cost involved in joining a club?

9. fish4fun, one club close is Kokosing Valley.

10. JBJ

JBJ

Shoot me a PM or email, Jaredj, and I'll provide date and time of the next Columbus Bassmasters meeting. Best way to decide on a club is to go to a meeting or two and fish a tourney with them. Good luck!

Blaise
    aka "JBJ"