close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bass bite at Rocky Fork?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CThompson, Jun 25, 2007.

1. What has the Bass at Rocky Fork been like since the summer started? Will be going this weekend camping and fishing. Just wondering.

Chris

2. Fished Rocky saturday with my dad. Started a little late.Launched about 9:30 AM left at 6:30 PM. I caught nine keepers, dad caught three. No lunkers. Biggest fish about 2 pounds. Most were mirror images. All fish caught on the bank in 6 feet or less. I think the bigger fish are out on the breaks. I did not go looking. We were just having fun catching fish all day long. Them aggressive little gills will drive you crazy when fishing soft plastics. I did have a first, I decided to Buzzbait for awhile. I cast along some rip rap and caught one of them super gills on a 3/8 ounce buzzbait. He was hooked under the jaw by the trailer hook. That was pretty neat. He hit it like a twelve inch bass. Just a tiny little Pumpkinseed I think. Buzzbait for gills? whooda thunk? Everyone I seen flippin the shore said they were cathing some bass. They should cooperate with you.