close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bass at alum???

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cllmsl1, Jun 1, 2004.

1. haven't fished alum yet this year, how is the water looking? what is the temp on the main lake and back in the coves? are there still bass on beds up there? thanks andy

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Temps are low 70's on the mainlake, 76 was the warmest I found in coves. Smallies were deeper this weekend than the greens, and the water from Cheshire - Dam was clean.

3. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

fished the chocolate lake monday night. choppy, windy and very muddy. :( i'm waiting til it clears up some. :rolleyes:

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

went by today to check it out water is high at the ramps tough to put in i expect. Talked to a guy at the howard ramp said he managed one 3lb LM. water is very muddy, they had the shuet at the spillway open full bore and opened the center gate while i was there this was at 1pm tuesday. I may go to Knox wed

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Even muddy from Cheshire to the dam?

6. All the ramps and docks were underwater. Had to wade out to dock the boat. Only through 10" of water though. Just enough to make it a pain in the butt.

I caught 8 Cat's on Gulp Swimmin Worms and Harry1 and Turkeybasst caught the rest on bobber and crawlers. They really do EAT GULP. Fished with just the GULP and hook, no weight. All fish were caught on Ultralights with 4lb test. Fish weighed from 2 to 3 1/2 lbs. Nice and clean and pretty. If you can call a "Cat" pretty. Most were yellow or gold and a few nice blues too. Had a real blast on the Ultralights.

Oh, I forgot. I caught one SMALL Bass on the GULP also. His mouth was full of Cicada wings. :eek: That's why the Bass aren't biting too good right now. They're eating Cicada's.

Water was clear down about 3 feet in the coves and water temp was 67 in the coves and 65 on the lake. I guess from all the rain it has cooled off.

7. I drove by Marina ramp @11:30 this am. The water was 6"-12" below concrete walkways, looked lightly stained, not muddy. It was the same as far toward dam as I could see. I'll try it Thurs. or Friday evening.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Let us know me and buddy plan to take the boat out after work tomorrow night around 11pm try for some seye and smallies.

9. Was out on sat. and the cicada sounds were so loud it started to drive us crazy. But then all of a sudden the winds picked up and some of the cicadas starting falling in the water and the bass within minutes started busting them off the top. I couldn't get one to go until I had to go to my small stuff, tiny torpedo, small pop-r and wish I had the new hocus locust with me. If you go remember to take your small topwater baits with you.

Bryan