close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bart's Lake anyone?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jellywormer, Apr 19, 2004.

1. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Here's the deal. My Dad used to fish at a little lake called Bart's way out near the Ohio/Indiana border ( I believe it's right before the border actually- I forget what road/highway it's off of- I will ask my Dad next time I talk to him). He took me there as a kid but we haven't been back there in 18 years probably. Dad seems to think it is owned privately now but we have no idea. Anyone have any idea what the status is on this lake? Dad caught many, many huge bass out of there back in the day. I would love to try and get him out there for nostalgia reasons. Perhaps someone knows who I could ask for permission?

2. You brought back lots of good old memories I also used to fish this lake with my Dad about 35 years ago. The lake is off Rt 126 Cincinnati Brookville Road. Turn left just before the town of Scipio by the church. The lake is about 3-4 miles on this road. It hasn't been a pay lake for many years. Never hurts to ask they may let you fish.

3. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Thanks for the response Mike. I suppose I could drive out there and ask someone.
    Here is a picture of some Bass my Dad took from there in 1971.

Attached Files:

4. catking

catking Banned

Them are some beauties!!! CATKING !!! :)

5. I to used to go fishing at barts long ago. There was also a pay lake just a few miles down the road toward the state line called Springs. Has anybody been to it lately. If I knew either Springs or Barts were still open it would be worth the trip to check them out. At one time these were the hottest lakes around. Do you know of any pay lakes were you could fill up a stringer of bass, that was no problem here.

6. Ant

Ant

We always called the lake at Springvalley wildlife area Barts as a kid.This has been 25 or 30 yrs back.

7. thammer

thammer

went to Barts there in the 60's and 70' lot of mosquitos though, that may be why there is great fishing

8. He looks like he is about to eat those raw!

9. XChief

XChief Enjoying Retirement

Looked on Google, Bartmess Lake on Sparks Road across the state line in Indiana. Went to street View and looks like it is posted. NO Trespassing, NO Hunting, NO Fishing