close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barrel Stove

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by "EYE" DOCTOR, Oct 2, 2008.

1. "EYE" DOCTOR

"EYE" DOCTOR "EYE" DOCTOR

0   0   0

Anyone have a barrel stove kit or a link to buy one?

I am talking about taking a 55 gallon drum and converting it into a woodburning stove.

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

0   0   0

[quote="EYE" DOCTOR;706389]Anyone have a barrel stove kit or a link to buy one?

I am talking about taking a 55 gallon drum and converting it into a woodburning stove.[/quote]

http://www.vogelzang.com/barrel_stoves.htm

Here you go.......

3. c. j. stone

c. j. stone

0   0   0

Also, check Northern Tool & Equipment website. Just checked their catalog. They carry the vogelzang kits for $42.99.

4. where would you put one of these?

5. coolins_99

coolins_99

0   0   0

I installed one of these in my garage last year i used the double barrel setup. I got all supplies from tractor supply company. They have everything you will need. The only thing i did not like is i used painted barrels and they smoke real bad the first couple of uses so start early so you can vent the area before it is real cold.

6. Dirt_Boy_200

Dirt_Boy_200

0   0   0

Use the Norther Tool Kit. I have one in my pole barn. Works great.

7. "EYE" DOCTOR

0   0   0

Thanks for the links and suggestions. Looks like Tractor Supply has the best price. I will attempt to get one soon.

Now if I could just find a barrel close to home.

P.S. My garage is 24'x30'. Any reason to use the double barrel? From the square footage recomendations it looks like the single will be more than enough.

8. "EYE" DOCTOR

0   0   0

I want one for my garage. I have been using 2 Keroseen heaters but the fuel cost is outrageous. I also don't want to dig up the yard for gas hookup.

I am going for cheap and easy until I can afford a nice overhead forced air unit.

9. c. j. stone

c. j. stone

0   0   0

The single barrel will work just fine in a garage or small cabin. I know someone who heats a 3 br house with a double-the family room where it's located is a bit too warm though. A cheap cabinet fan will circulate the air nicely and reduce hot spots.

10. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

0   0   0

whare are you located?i get mine at a local oil distributor.the last one i got cost $5

11. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

0   0   0

12. "EYE" DOCTOR

0   0   0

Thanks again.

I got a drum for free from a local garage. I had to work around some dents and some old oil inside but I got it built. I just have to do some chimney work and I'll be warm and toasty.

BTW. The door kit was about $38.00 at Tractor Supply.