Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to barkcamp again today from about 9 til noon.. only caught one in the 12 inch range.. tried throwing worm spinner frog jig dinger jerk bait but the only thing i could get a hit on was a texas rigged worm... also... i got hung up in a tree hangin over the water trying to skip under it.. was in the process of gettin my dinger untangled when i apparently stirred up a bees nest and got stung about 6 times in the back of the head...

·
Bass & Catfish Charter Service
1,937 Posts
yeah it still beat a day at work haha.. it was a nice morning... anyone having any luck at Barkcamp?
It has been over a month since I fished it. And I am sorry you had a slow day. I caught quite a few bass my last trip out there. But none of them were braggers. I caught one over the slot, only a few in the slot, and lots and lots under the slot. Most of the bass caught were on a Bomber Model 4-A crankbait, in or near the coontail.

There are lots of bass in this lake. The problem is... There is an over-abundance of smaller bass in this lake. Lots and lots of small bass in this lake are slowing the growth rate. Many local anglers don't even fish it. The state recommends (on this body of water) keeping the bass under the 12 to 15-inch slot length in order to help increase the growth rate of the bass population, and I agree.

Better luck next time...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah its a tough lake thats for sure...but on the up side.. I fished this lake saturday evening from about 6-10 and it seemed like the activity picked up big time after 9.. I lost a fish I would guess was in the 4 lb range a little before 10(it was dark by then)... and I was wonderin how long it would take for you to catch on FLIPNPITCH haha

·
Registered
419 Posts
First time I read one of your posts. Knew it was you cuz of the bees!!

Whats up with the 9.9? Hows the boat doin? Glad you're gettin some time to break it in. Ha !

Later

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally a good day at barkcamp... startin to figure this place out a little... fished three hours... only caught 3 i guess but one was 16in and one was 18in goin about 3 lbs so these made it well worth the trip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts