close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barge fishing

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by ClickerCrazy, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I do most of my fishing in the Bellville pool of the Ohio and have done some fishing around tied off barges with little succsess. I was thinking of making a trip to the Cinnci. area and was noticing all the barges while looking at google earth. My question is how do you set up around the barges. Looks like there are TONS of barges tied up around there. Do you have alot of trouble with them constantly needing to leave and enter there docks? Got to have alot of respect for those big old boats and was wandering if anyone had any pointers. I always keep my knife close to the anchor ropes just incase, but was wandering if there are places that I should stay away from.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. one more thing, I was also hoping to target some blues since we don't have many around here, and the ones we do have seem to have very little size to them. I don't know if it is because we don't have what i would consider deeper holes and steeper dropoffs or what, but very few true blues seem to be caught where I fish. Thanks again!