close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barberton Folks!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skarfer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. All you members from Barberton ok???

My wife works in Barberton - and at 1pm yesterday the fire/police were evacuating people from her property and bussing them somewhere. then last night she called the water dept and they told her that some homes in downtown were being evacuated by BOAT!!!!

Seems some first floors of homes in the area behind Westfield Hardware were flooded!

Hey Lewzer and Buckeye Basser - you guys ok???? Stayin high and dry??

2. I was there yesterday, shooting video for TV 3... I walked the area from 16th and Shannon down to 14th. Also shot some stuff off Snyder... Went into a few flooded basements too. Lots of water out there and a lot of flood damage. I heard there were a few boats getting people out.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My basement was dry until this morning and it never gets wet. About 2" of water and the landlord refuses to do anything about it. I may have to leave work to address the situation. Half the basement is a finished family room so it makes it even worse. My garage floor is stone and there is an easy 3" of water in some spots in the garage.

4. That is a bummer! Hopefully things settle down a bit to help recover up there. So what kind of rain totals are they dealing with in that area?

5. Hey Carl - my wife is the manager of some tax-credit housing off of Snyder.......so you were definately in her neck of the woods!

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I live on top of the hill on Shannon so I'm always OK from flooding, unless the Lake Dorothy dam goes...
    The area of 14th-16th street always gets flooded. You can flush your toilet and flood that area. Nothing new there.
    Tried to get to Doylestown to chum corn in my favorite carp spot last night. I couldn't get there through Barberton. I had to drive into Norton and Wadsworth and take the long way around but I finally made it.
    The Chippawa Creek was down about 10 feet last week and most of the summer. It's about flood stage now.
    I'll bet the current washed all my corn away.:(

7. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Mike that corns probably in Lake Erie by now:C

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Mitch,
    All my corn flows your way!!!! And I've been eating lots and lots of Silver Queen corn lately!!!
    Chippawa Creek flows into the Tusc. River which you probably know where that ends up.