Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son took my boat this morning(I was busy and couldn't go).:( Got a great mix of nice gills, craps, and perch. Pinmin/maggots about 4-5 feet under a bobber and got fish everywhere he stopped. Said the stocked channels are growing nicely -couple more years will make the lake a great cat fishery, and even better panfishing when they start to clean up some of the smaller pannies. Boy do I miss the walleye though.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Good to hear Charlie!! The Perch are my 2nd choice to chase.. I'm goin to Milton this PM,,'til dark,,Hope they are hungry.. I'm at work now'til 2pm WHAT A BEAUTIFUL 1st half of the day it is!! Get those chores done & go to Mil. this eve........ ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well, I didn't get shut out today, but I only caught 2 keepers, 1 gill and 1 crappie. Caught another dozen smaller fish. Tried some different areas this time. Got the crappie in what I think is the old creek channel in front of a bench by the main park. Shoulda stayed there and fished the area harder. I drifted around with worms and minnows and most hits were on minnows. My best luck in deep water has been drifting past the islands as well.

I think the fishing is going to slow down though. Getting into the dog days of summer and the lake is turning green. Already getting bad by the dam.

Still haven't caught a bass out there since May. I've been using minnows and fishing deep water mostly. You'd think I would stumble across one or two...

·
Registered
228 Posts
took my little boy and girl up sat tried trolling for some walleye as i allways do but no luck been trying to catch some of them leftover walleys some day i will get lucky. a few little bass and little girl caught a 10 inch black crappie-next time ill bring minnows-any one know if they sell minows in the state marina- thanks

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Copelands bait and tackle is about 3 houses down from the entrance. No bait shop in the main park. Only boat rentals for small pontoon boats.

Seemed like I had a lot of perch and gills hitting the minnows compared to crappie this time. Can kind of tell cause the perch and gills nibble where the crappie just take it usually. I'll have to figure out the midsummer pattern for crappie or just wait till fall. Haven't caught a walleye out there yet.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
took my little boy and girl up sat tried trolling for some walleye as i allways do but no luck been trying to catch some of them leftover walleys some day i will get lucky. a few little bass and little girl caught a 10 inch black crappie-next time ill bring minnows-any one know if they sell minows in the state marina- thanks
The canteen sells bait but not sure if they have minnows. A 1/16 or 1/8 oz white or yellow curly tail jig will catch as many crappie as minnows Imo. Used to troll two behind an electric motor for the eyes also. Caught lots of craps and walleye!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts