close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bank fishing the Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by cats under the stars, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Is the ohio river ready to bank fish tommorrow at Fernbank Park?

Anywhere else, like where the Licking meets the Ohio?

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I think it's about as ready as ever. Still a little high & debris, but the bank should be fine.

3. I fished at fernbank today. Hooked something big on a shad but it ran under something and I got snagged. 10 minutes later I caught a great fighting 12 lb channel on a liver. We caught 7 channels betwwen 4 and 12lbs. and 1 white bass. First time I've ever been. We got checked by the ranger twice for licences and to check our stringer.

4. mrfishohio

I've never been to Fernbank, is it on the OH or KY side ? I have fished the confluence of the Licking & Ohio ....to no avail though. :eek:
    Maybe a good bank spot might be good to meet a few guys for some fishing locally. :confused:

5. Just googled Fernbank + ohio

Fernbank park

Looks interesting at least. I may head down there this weekend.

6. mrfishohio

Okay, I know where it is now...fished it from the water. ;)

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Anytime you guys want to get together for some bank fishing I'm game. I work a strange schedule Tuesdays Fridays and Sundays work for me, let me know if anything comes up.

8. I would like to fish Fernbank sometime this weekend.........if someone has a few skipjack to spare (lol).

9. I have fished the Ohio a few times this year without much success. If anyone would like a partner let me know. I would like to meet a few more shore bound anglers.

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Lets see what this weather does, they are calling for rain right now and it looks like it may come. Sunday I am definitally going fishing just not sure where yet.