Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be the right place for this so I apologize in advance. I fish from the river bank mostly and was wondering about the law regarding open containers. I've never brought any alcohol with me fishing because I'm not sure if you can drink while on the river bank. My assumption would be that if your on public land that it would be against the law just like walking down the sidewalk. I'm not talking about bringing a case just a few beers for me and a friend. If anyone can tell me the law on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As long as your not wasted drunk and you poor your beer into a other cup you will be fine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've run into a few park rangers and DNR officers over the years. I always talk to them and discover that they are primarily concerned about littering, young people drinking/doing drugs, and young couples going for a romp in the woods. This is because they often find the trash on the bank and attribute it to this activity. When they see you with beer, they automatically assume that you're going to leave your cans behind. I would expect that as long as you didn't have cans or bottles they wouldn't really take notice that you were drinking.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
i doubt its illegal...maybe they(ODNR) dont like it..but probably not illegal....as long as you are NOT in a state park or metro parks...you can drink on erie,and its not illegal to have an open container in public...getting drunk however or littering .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts