Bank Fishing for SM/LMBass

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BigBUCKEYENUT, Apr 30, 2008.

1. I dont have a boat (wish I did), but was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to where to fish off the bank at alum or any lake/creek around delaware. I am not really interested in crappies. I prefer to fish for LM and SM bass. I live near alum and have been fishing the banks for a few years with on and off luck. I had good luck last summer fishing off the rocks on the dam with a pumkin seed twister tail catching SMBass and found a cove this spring just north of Cheshire near the bike trail and caught 5 LMBass one prolly weighing close to 2 lbs all caught on a yellow rooster tail. So I have had some luck but was wondering if anyone could suggest some other spots or different tactics to land a few more fish as I fish from the bank jealous of all you out in your boats:)

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

You ever thought about getting a kayak or a canoe for fishing. It would be perfect for that cove you speak of on Alum. It would also be great for fishing area creeks and/or rivers for smallmouth bass. Just a thought. Check the Caone/Kayak forum on this site for info, or there is a ton of great information on fishing from kayaks on the watercraft forum of the Riversmallies.com website.

CG

3. pizza

pizza

I would wade the Olentangy, being sure to explore north of Delaware reservoir where it is known as the Whetstone River(creek?). Spring, when the water is generally higher, is the best time for smallies in the tangy (or any river in my opinion). If you are looking for something different that is also very productive, get out on that river this summer on a hot fullish moon and clear night with a buzzbait or your other favorite topwater lures. Or go explore the Scioto north of 42. It's also great this time of year when water levels are higher.

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Actually, there are two rivers that flow into Delaware Resevoir. Both the Olentangy river and the Whetstone River flow into the north end of the resevoir. The tangy north of the resevoir is better for lm bass than smallies.

I haven't fished the Whetstone much.

CG