Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit up some spots during the last week and did some bank fishing and caught some decent largemouth in Allen County, more specifically around Lima, Ohio. I caught 22 fish in this video, mostly largemouth, but I think there is one crappie and two bluegill in there also. Probably the most amazing thing about it is I did most of it plastic worm fishing with my kayak setup, a 6 ft, 2 piece Ugly Stik Gx2 Medium Rod and a Abu Garcia Black Max Reel and didn't gut hook any of them, but I am getting ready to finally upgrade my gear to a Shimano SLX Combo and a Dobyns Fury 703 paired with a Shimano Casitas Reel, both 7 ft Med-Heavy Fast Action, even though I will probably never take them kayaking, they just take to much abuse on the yak and will stick with the ugly stik as they have served me well so far.

I just started fishing last year so don't make fun of me too much, but tips and advice are welcome. I'll also have another Blanchard River kayaking video coming in the next day or two if anyone is interested where I caught 19 bass in only a 1/3 of my trip before it started raining the rest of the time and I quit fishing. I also have a video of some nice smallies caught kayaking on the Auglaize River and one at Bresler Reservoir where I caught some slab bluegills, smallies, and drum, but those have yet to be edited.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hit up some spots during the last week and did some bank fishing and caught some decent largemouth in Allen County, more specifically around Lima, Ohio. I caught 22 fish in this video, mostly largemouth, but I think there is one crappie and two bluegill in there also. Probably the most amazing thing about it is I did most of it plastic worm fishing with my kayak setup, a 6 ft, 2 piece Ugly Stik Gx2 Medium Rod and a Abu Garcia Black Max Reel and didn't gut hook any of them, but I am getting ready to finally upgrade my gear to a Shimano SLX Combo and a Dobyns Fury 703 paired with a Shimano Casitas Reel, both 7 ft Med-Heavy Fast Action, even though I will probably never take them kayaking, they just take to much abuse on the yak and will stick with the ugly stik as they have served me well so far.

I just started fishing last year so don't make fun of me too much, but tips and advice are welcome. I'll also have another Blanchard River kayaking video coming in the next day or two if anyone is interested where I caught 19 bass in only a 1/3 of my trip before it started raining the rest of the time and I quit fishing. I also have a video of some nice smallies caught kayaking on the Auglaize River and one at Bresler Reservoir where I caught some slab bluegills, smallies, and drum, but those have yet to be edited.

Good fishing water in those rivers. Thanks for sharing the video

1 - 2 of 2 Posts