Bank Fishing areas

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Day81, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Are there any good bank fishing areason the river besides the dams in the cincinnati area? I'd love to get down there and do some fishing but cannot find a spot. I also live on the west side of cincinnati so it would most comfortely be on my the west side to prevent a long drive.

2. Here are some spots to check out. Anderson ferry there is plentyof bank area you can walk along . You should be able to park your car on the side off the road to the ferry. I have seen a number of folks fishing the bank around the Rapid run Creek, just not sure where they park their car and get down to the bank. Try the Fernbank Dam park. Fish off the old lock wall or up river from the small parking lot. Some folks also fish at the upper side of Muddy creek. I hope this helps you out and you have some tight line action down that way.

3. thanks for the info.

4. Hi day81.
    You might also think of trying the right side of the riverside boat ramp off route 50, It is an easy walk from parking lot to the bank to fish. i have had quite a bit of luck there. If you want to fish the whitewater river there is a place to park on route 50 next to train bridge with trail that leads to the river. Here you can fish almost a mile of shore line and only get a little wet doing it. Have any questions about these spots shot me a pm.