close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Banjo Minnow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joerugz, Sep 7, 2007.

1. They sure look like they are no gimmick, but then again, doesn't every product ya see on tv. Anyone try em, and are they worth the 25 buck after shipping cost?

2. OGF member BThomas uses them alot off the points in cleveland snap jigging for wallize. Hopfully he will see this thread and chime in.

3. I actually got sucked in by those things. I have to say they did produce some fish (bass for me) but they sure didn't last long. The corkscrew gizmo gives them some good action but after a short time in the water the plastic gets soft and shortly after that you make a cast and all that flies is the minnow.

4. My buddy uses them all the time - and he'll catch a fish on occasion too. You can make your own fairly simply by buying the corkscrew things - Bass Pro sells them as trailers for plastics on your spinnerbaits.

5. I had a chance to use them when the first came out many years ago. I was at a small farm pond and slaughtered some real nice 5 to 6 pound bass. I also caught some really nice sun fish on them. But were talking 10 years ago.

6. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

They catch fisherman more than fish.

7. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

I love the banjo setup w/ the corksrew in the front of a YUM crawdad for smallies. One of my favorite smallie setups. The banjo was how I got introduced to bass fishing and it was about 10 years. The banjo is different now then when it first came out.Its made differently and they dont catch fish. The minnows are terrible....I buy them for the BANJO FROG which is still the best topwater bait with the POP'R a close second. I use the corkscrew/hook with alot of plastics and its deadly with bass!

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i used them several years ago when they first came out. caught several smaller largemouth sight fishing a campground pond. haven't found much use for them after that. but for that one day...those babys were gold. now they sit on a shelf in the basement:confused:

9. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

I used to love the Banjo. Caught a lot of largemouth on them. But that rigging was a pain in the rear. That rubberband was difficult for me. Nowadays we just use Superflukes or other similar lures. Our favorite is the Case Sinkin Salty Shad. They have the same if not better action. Texas rigged they are very weedless, and they are cheaper and easier to use. And I think they catch more too.

10. Thanks for all the insight. I think I'll stick with sluggo's and senko's in a variety of ways. I knew it was too good to be true! When the fish are hungry, they will hit a fig newton.....texas rigged, of coarse!