close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Banjo Minnow???????

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by MAINAH, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Has anyone tried the Banjo Minnnow, Do they really work as well as they say they do on TV???? I was watching a show last week. They were PIKE fishing and they would just flip them into the water, give a few tiny twitches and WHAM a 48" PIKE. Now I know there is alot of time spent casting that never makes it to the show, they only show the catching parts. But I thought I would ask here before I buy them... A friend says they are the best thing ever....but he also tells some exagerated fish stories, so I know to ask for other opinions. Thanks in advance, MAINAH

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I can tell you from experience, that Reelson (Zach) is totally addicted to Banjo Minnows. When he first decided to give one a try, we kinda made fun of him, and accused him of falling for a "gimmick". Ok, well, he got the last laugh, because that night, he was the only one of us to catch anything. I thought it was just a lucky night for him, until the same scenerio kept repeating over and over. Him catching (and gloating..I might add), and me? not even a nibble! So if your question is... "do they work?".. I would have to say yes.. they do.. But, much of it is in the technique used to fish this bait.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

and you have to say it like this:

BAN-JOOOOOOOOOO minnuh....

BAN-JOOOOOOOOOO minnuh....

at least thats what i kept hearing on the radio out on lake erie once.. :p

ch. 68....."wow were really catchin em out here!!"

"What on?"

"why, nothin but my BAN-JOOOOOOOOOOOOO minnuh!"

"get the %$@# off the radio"

:confused:

4. Marcia is right on!!!!!!
    I have used the Banjo minnow from time to time. Mostly in farm ponds.. The way they are fished is quit different than most other fishing methods. Clean water and good visibility is the key!!! The technigue can be varied unitl you find what works, I just enjoy the light line and presentation...
    My brother snickered at me when I brought out the banjo for the first time, But after a while, He was using one too!!!!!! My word is, Do they work? Yep, But I think they are better in farm ponds and small lakes...
    Good luck~!!!!!! Stan

5. I love the Banjo minnow. It has to be my favorite lure. It does depend on how you fish it, but with a little practice it will help you catch more fish! LoL Seriously I have caught several fish on it when nothing else seemed to work. You can ask Reel Lady.

6. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Yes Zach... Go ahead and RUB IT IN WHY DONT YOU????? I do remember one night in particuliar. I think we had a 20.00 bet on who can catch the most fish in 1 1/2 hours. I was feeling really lucky that night. As the matter of fact, I caught a fish on my very first cast! Zach was sweating, and feeling the pressure. So there we were, on opposite sides of the quarry, and I swear, every 2 minutes from that point on my cell phone would ring. It's Zach (Reelson)...and with a gloating tone to his voice he'd say..."Yup...Got ANOTHER one!". Darn him and that darn Banjo Minnow that I gave him SUCH GRIEF about. Well, that was until he outfished me on more than just that one occasion....Reelson is the Banjo Master! I am not worthy..... lol......