Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, i saw a wild Bald Eagle for the first time yesterday! Truly an AMAZING sight. There are two of them nesting in Bladensburg i think. it is out by my aunt's house. it was so cool. check out the pics.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Bald eagles are by far one of my favorite animals! I have a few pictures of them in my photo gallery that I've taken while in Alaska. Nice to see them make themselves at home around here, too! ;)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That's cool Micro, I am yet to see one in OH.

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,589 Posts
They are also in the Portage Lakes area. I had one snatch a fish right out in front of my boat earlier this year. One of the coolest things I've ever seen

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Cool pic Micro. That reminds me of when I was fishing Guntersville a few weeks ago and I got to see an aerial battle between a bald eagle and a huge osprey. The whole thing took place right above my head in the middle of the lake. Talk about a dog fight!

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Cool pics. yesterday fishing i saw some gosslings lol,nothing like a bold eagle.

Would have been cool to see.

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, i was amazed when we saw them. i had goose-bumps the whole time! i would have freaked if it called. but yea it is truly the coolest thing i have ever seen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw one earlier this spring down by Piketon. It was in a field eating on a dead deer. Here's the pic.... deer is the dark spot to the left. Pic isn't that good but you can tell that its an eagle.

Attachments

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, yea this one was flying for about 1 min then he landed in the tree, then we spotted the mom in the nest. really cool ending to a day.

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
If you want to see some eagles, come up to ottawa county. They're all over the place here, I see them all the time. about 2 weeks ago, I seen 5 on my way to work.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts