Baitshop Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kparrott154, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. I'm writing a business plan for my intro business class. I decided I'd start a baitshop.

    My question is what licenses do you need to sell minnows and nightcrawlers and how many are you allowed to have?

  2. The only licenses you will need is a state vendor's license and bait dealer license.

    The state vendor's license you can get through the county clerks office where you live and I believe the cost is one time fee of $25.00.

    The bait dealer license can be gotten by contacting any district wildlife office. I believe the cost is $10.00 yearly. The bait license is only needed if you sell minnows and crayfish, etc. (aka. marine life).
    If you only sell bait such as night crawlers, maggots, wax and meal worms no bait license would be needed.
    No limit on how many minnows,crayfish, can have at any one time with bait dealer license.