close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bait

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by schwing343, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sat out for 8 hrs yesturday, only caught 4 dinks, and a bad a$$ sunburn. on chicken livers, dough balls and night crawlers. what bait r the cats hitting now a days???

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

cut shad or shrimp are my go to baits.

3. ive been using bluegills, warmouth, red ears, suckers, shad, creek chubs (has found a honey hole for some monster creek chubs we caught some this weekend weighing close to 1lb.) pretty much live or cut bait.

4. i've had my best luck on skipjack, bluegills/heads, skipjack, skipjack, shad/heads, and also skipjack. if you cant tell there is a preference for skippies

5. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

shad, shad, and more shad. Can't beat it!!!

6. Been using liver and they are still hitting for me

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

guy in my bass club has been getting them on tube jigs

8. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Look around for a dead squirrel.

9. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

cut shad and creek chubs have been working for me

10. yeah Ive been killin them on dead squirrells!

Find the biggest creek chubs, or gills that you can find, live or cut...and shad...Those are my go to baits and they been working ok for me...

But they are hammering on the dead squirrells right now!:B

11. Catfish Ninja

Catfish Ninja Man of few words.LETSFISH

Ive personally had a lot of luck on cheese and if you take a trebel hook and put some sponge down in it and dip it in blood, which you can get some from your local butcher or meat company.. there glad to get rid of it.. and let it sit in the fridge in protective bags of course it will clot and slowly lets out the blood and it works really really really well.