close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bait

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by CountryKat, Apr 13, 2004.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

How many of you ever used a bait called punch bait? I have been using this for the last 2 years and been killen the cats with it. I use a #4 or #6 treble hook and rig my line with a slip sinker. I fish about 100 days throughout the summer and I normally use 2 gallon buckets. I have used more in the past but thats why I downsized my hooks a little. Just take a stick and push your bait down in the stuff and pull it out at a slight angle. Here is where I get mine from www.catfishbait.net I buy mine 5 gallons at a time because my friends usually get some off of me too. If you call him tell him CountryKat sent you, he might give you a little break on the price. His name is Benny and he is a super nice guy.
    Jim Reed

2. dip

dip dip

never caught nuthin big on it but plunny of fiddlers.... gave up stink bait too.... nuthin works as good as FRESH bait (SHAD)

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I average 3 - 5 lbers with this bait where I fish. My biggest to date is a 25lb channel cat on sureshot punch bait. I do agree though, that a lot of dip and dough baits do catch smaller kitties.

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Been killen the cats on this bait. Limited out the last 2 trips.

Just a side note. They are packed full of crawdads.

5. "Been killen the cats on this bait. Limited out the last 2 trips."
    what is the limits on cats in ohio? or were you fishing a lake less than 700 acres?

6. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Did I miss something in the regs? What catfish limit are you talking about? :confused:

7. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

The limit is 6/ fisherman/ day on anything under 700 acres. The largest reservoir here in Lima is 610 acres. :confused: :mad:

8. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

Where is that in the regs?

9. this is a new rule this year for bodys of water under 700 acers, 6 channels a day

10. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Left side, 3/4 the way down in Red letters. :rolleyes:

Just don't no one to get a ticket. :eek: