Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fish On!!!
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you ever used a bait called punch bait? I have been using this for the last 2 years and been killen the cats with it. I use a #4 or #6 treble hook and rig my line with a slip sinker. I fish about 100 days throughout the summer and I normally use 2 gallon buckets. I have used more in the past but thats why I downsized my hooks a little. Just take a stick and push your bait down in the stuff and pull it out at a slight angle. Here is where I get mine from www.catfishbait.net I buy mine 5 gallons at a time because my friends usually get some off of me too. If you call him tell him CountryKat sent you, he might give you a little break on the price. His name is Benny and he is a super nice guy.
Jim Reed

·
dip
578 Posts
never caught nuthin big on it but plunny of fiddlers.... gave up stink bait too.... nuthin works as good as FRESH bait (SHAD)

·
Fish On!!!
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I average 3 - 5 lbers with this bait where I fish. My biggest to date is a 25lb channel cat on sureshot punch bait. I do agree though, that a lot of dip and dough baits do catch smaller kitties.

·
Fish On!!!
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been killen the cats on this bait. Limited out the last 2 trips.

Just a side note. They are packed full of crawdads.

·
Registered
946 Posts
"Been killen the cats on this bait. Limited out the last 2 trips."
what is the limits on cats in ohio? or were you fishing a lake less than 700 acres?

·
Fish On!!!
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The limit is 6/ fisherman/ day on anything under 700 acres. The largest reservoir here in Lima is 610 acres. :confused: :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts