Bait Shop-Rocky

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by nwfish, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Can anyone help me out with a bait shop that is on the rocky river? Preferably close to interstate 90? Thanks a lot.

2. Rocky River Tackle is at W. 215 and Lorain. Great place to pick up steelhead supplies- jigs, floats, some bait, fly tying, etc. They are only open 6a-2p and are closed 2 days a week (Maybe mon and thurs). They are usually closed for about an hour in the middle of his day around 11a, so the owner can make drop offs at the post office.

the owner (Jason) ties all the jigs and flies in there. He can give some good advice too.

3. do they carry shiners?

4. Mike,

He carries small Golden Shiners. With the VHS it's illegal to carry Emeralds South of I-90 unless they are certified VHS free.

Wes

5. Now that is great information.
    Doesn't look like I will be needing a bait store tomorrow anyways, but it definitely helps for later trips.

6. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Hmm. Never heard of this. Where did you find this?

7. The guy who owns Rocky River Tackle told me that and it was confirmed by a couple of other baitshop owners. I have not checked with the ODNR, but it sounds plausible.

Wes

8. Nwfish,
    If you're coming from NW OH anyways, you might as well stop at the state's premier steelhead outfitter; Erie Outfitters. http://www.erieoutfitters.com/ Craig knows all the steelie streams, and the various techniques be it spin, fly, or pin, to catch them. You can get everything you need for steelhead fishing there and at the best prices.

John

9. "With the VHS it's illegal to carry Emeralds South of I-90 unless they are certified VHS free."

If this is so, how can Shines cary them??????????